Tuesday, April 08, 2014

"The world is still a paradise despite mankinds efforts"



     This is a post I made last January but never posted until now.  I'm back in the U.S. and it's easier to get on the computer now. 




     Every trip to Mexico that I take starts with some days on a bus.  This is a great time for me to reflect on the past season in the U.S., myself, and the lessons I have learned.  I also spent a lot of it listening to ¨The Power of Now¨ on my head phones.  Go get it now.  It´s great and is going to help you a lot.   http://www.eckharttolle.com/books/now/

     I got into Mexico city and took the crowded subway to a hostel that I love to stay at.  Right away I met rare and beautiful people from around the world.  Connections that don't happen so much in other settings.  Communication that only people who are really feeling life full on have.
     That´s really what I want to write about here.  I want to write about emotions and connection, but I will tell some cool travel story too so you know some of what I´m up to.  There are plenty of articles on the Internet about being sensitive or "oversensitive".  They are almost all written by women.  There is a lack of information from the male perspective on this for various reasons.  We are taught that it is weakness.  It is actually strength.  In fact, sensitive guys are the most bad ass guys there are.  We have to be.  "Bravery isn´t the absence of fear.  It´s having that fear and facing it and doing what you´re afraid of anyway."   That goes for all the other emotions.   You can´t numb one of them and keep others.   Your ability to feel bad and good are connected.  You can learn to have strong feelings and master them.   You have to have the balls to live with the volume turned up and face yourself and know that this is the only way that anyone ever really lives and learns.   ...and so many aren´t.   So make it easier on yourself and others.  Get brave and admit that you feel.  Master those feelings and live an extraordinary life.  You have a gift.  Emotions are information that not everyone is getting.  It took a long time to evolve this. 
     If you are a sensitive person then you need to find others like you.  Stay with them.   Go talk to the ones that aren´t like you and check it out.   They don´t even really understand emotions.  It´s like explaining color to a blind person, but really I think that people who don´t feel it strongly are more disabled than the deaf or blind.   Now I don´t mean being oversensitive to criticism or inability to laugh at yourself.  Those are narcissistic traits.  I´m talking more about compassion and empathy.
     Connection to ourselves and other living things and the natural world is all we really have in this life and if there is anything that is going to save us from ourselves, it might be this.  If you can learn to connect to something or someone then you won´t want to hurt, abuse, or take advantage of it.
     When you are around the non feeling people you will both be getting the feeling that the other just isn´t getting it, or that they are crazy. And of course you both think that way.  You are feeling things that are out of the scope of their perception. 
     I use to want to take people traveling with me.  So they could be amazed, touched, and changed by the fantastic and mysterious world we live in.  Then I found out that if they aren´t doing it already then there may be a good reason for it.  If I take someone to see the most beautiful sunset ever, one that some say opens a portal, and if they aren´t a sensitive person then we are seeing two different sunsets.  The portal won´t open for them.  They won´t know what the hell I´m talking about and would probably rather be at the resort then getting bit by mosquitoes and trekking through the bush to see something that is only breathtakingly beautiful to those who are capable of experiencing breath taking beauty.

     Oh, so back to my Mexico story.    I rushed around Mexico city for some days preparing for my trip.  I needed cloths and supplies.  There were tons of natives in the main square, dancing, drum playing, selling handcrafts.   I bought some cool sandals and got purified by a bruja.  That's a good way to start out the trip.  A good palm reading too.  Talked about love... they always do.  I got some new glasses to see what the hell sites I was looking at and a new phone with a camera as my camera broke already and then I was off to see some giant pyramids.   Wandering through the ruins of various civilizations past, in different places around the world is also another great moment of connection and reflection for me.    .... the phone I bought on the street didn´t save any of the photos.. It´s okay. They are all still in my head. 


We live on a blue ball.  We are floating around a red ball.  There is a white ball floating around us.

    
     In the middle of one of the biggest cities in the world I ran into my friend the Norwegian painter.  I randomly ran into him at the beach in Mexico various times, in Chiapas, and in Guatemala.   Weird.  Maybe fate.  We took the bus to Oaxaca with a German kid from Jamaica.  Partying it up and collaborating our ideas to change the world.  More on that later but it might be huge! 
     New years was amazing.  Letting off Thai style lanterns into the sky and partying with friends who feel like family.  I had a lot of drinks and got home very sandy.
      I have a great little house up on the hill from the beach.  I live there with my roommate and a cat named Lupita and an iguana named Godzilla.  I have been spending my days exercising, cooking with my roommate (one of the best guys ever.  Feels like we´re Fin and Jake) reading, drawing, practicing poi, juggling, and playing lots of paddle ball...  understanding myself and life and just taking in the beauty of it all.   It feels like love. 

No comments: